As you may know, for the past several months request tax was reduced to 25% for new requests. This has lead to more than 15 terabytes of bounty that would otherwise have been deducted. This is in addition to the hundreds of terabytes of bounty already in the request system, and the little extra sprinkled by the RequestBunny. The request tax has returned to the normal 50%, and it's time to set about claiming all that bounty! Yes, we're happy to announce the official start of the request filling competition! This competition is focused on resolving some of our extensive backlog of requests, and as such the points gained will increase with the age of the request.
* 0 Points can be gained for filling requests created since the 22nd of December. This is to protect against people who may have created a lot of easy requests that they can fill for the contest.
* 1 Point will be gained for filling a request created in the last six months.
* 2 Points will be gained for filling a request created from six months to a year ago.
* 3 Points will be gained for filling a request created over a year ago.
Any malicious and improper filling or unfilling of requests will be punished severely, and the offending users will not be allowed to continue to participate in the contest.
The contest will last until the last minute of January (site time), at which point the person with the most points will be declared the winner. There's a leaderboard on the front page via which people can keep track of both their own score, and the top 10 best request fillers.
Check the scoreboard here!
* First Place will receive one staff pick, a custom title, and a What.CD T-Shirt of their choosing. They will also have the opportunity to prioritise a feature out of a shortlist of future suggestions that are to be implemented and be allowed to pick the featured Vanity House album for February.
* Second Place will receive one staff pick, a custom title, and a What.CD T-Shirt of their choosing. They will also have the opportunity to prioritise a feature out of a shortlist of future suggestions that are to be implemented.
* Third Place will receive one staff pick, a custom title, and a What.CD T-Shirt of their choosing.
Anyone in the Top 50 will enter a random draw for two users to win a Staff Pick, Custom Title and two invites.
Anyone with one point or more at the end of the contest will also be entered into a random draw for one user to win a Staff Pick, Custom Title and two invites.
One of these lucky 3 will also receive a What.CD T-Shirt
Some other things to note:
* An enormous number of requests have not been updated to the requestv2 system. If you have any such requests, you will see [Request update report]. Please report your requests and fill in all relevant details; this helps uploaders find your requests more easily.
* Staff will be paying close attention to request filling as always. Any attempts to manipulate or cheat the system will not be looked on kindly. Be sporting! We also ask people to keep an eye on anything that may appear to be cheating, and report it to us. The same is true for incorrect fills, which we ask are reported as soon as possible.
* You may fill your own request, but remember that creating a new one and filling that won't count, and will be looked on very poorly.
Good luck everyone, we can't wait to see some of these old requests filled!